Friday 23 November 2012

Bruschetta

Well a week ago I found out I have passed my honors. It was time to celebrate. my man and I decided to invite his parents over for dinner on the Saturday. We had a braai with potato bake, strawberry salad and meat. for starters I made a really nice Bruchetta. Below is the recipe. Please tell me if you tried the recipes and if you liked it.

Makes 8


Ingredients:

4 plum tomatoes chopped
80 ml olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped basil
8 slices Italian bread
1 garlic glove peeled (or I used crushed garlic with little bit of olive oil, soaking)
chopped basil

Method


Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped basil. Season well

Toast the bread on one side (sliced).
Rub the toasted side slightly with a peeled clove of garlic.
Top with the tomato mixture and garnish with the extra basil.
Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment